Empowerment Education Series: Creating a Culture of
March 29, 2021
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: Virtual,Via BlueJeans App
This training explores the system of positive behavioral supports. Participants will learn techniques that DSPs can use to build and sustain relationships with the people that they serve.
Identify at least 3 benefits of developing positive relationships with those served
Identify the central purpose of our interactions with those served
Identify the 6 key elements in building and sustaining positive relationships.
Identify the 4 tools that all caregivers possess for building and sustaining positive relationships.
• Welcome & Introduction 5 minutes
• Possibilities Video 5 minutes
• The Power of Relationships 30 minutes
• The Four Elements 30 minutes
• Increasing Positive Interactions 30 minutes
• Questions 20 minutes
o Total: 2 hours
Continuing Education Credits:
- 2 Continuing Education Credits are approved for this training. Participants must arrive on time and remain in the training for it's entirety.
- QUALIFIED INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES PROFESSIONALS (QIDP): These training hours meet the MDCH training requirement for QIDP staff.
Suggested Participants: Professionals who work with individuals with I/DD; including Support Coordinators, Case Managers, and Direct Support Professionals. Also individuals with I/DD who receive CMH services and the professionals, friends, and family who work with them .
For questions or concerns regarding this training, please email Kim Hoga at Khoga@DWIHN.ORG