Abstract: This is an overview of evidence-based wellness self-management strategies for community mental health settings. The workshop will review research on the health impact of wellness self-management programs, including PATH (Planned Action Toward Health), WRAP(Wellness Recovery Action Plan), WHAM (Whole Health Action Management), INSIGHT and myStrength. There will be actual practice presenting one tool-myStrength.
Welcome/Introductions (0.5 hours)
1. What is the mission?
2. What role you do you play?
3. How does this training help?
4. History of Self-Management in Behavioral Health
Concepts of Wellness Self-Management (1.5 hours)
1. Eight Dimensions of Wellness
2. Wellness Recovery Action Planning (Behavioral Health Research)
Evidence-Based Models of Wellness Self-Management
1. PATH- Planned Action Toward Health
2. WRAP- Wellness Recovery Action Plan
3. WHAM- Whole Health Action Management
2. Web-Based Applications
a. What is myStrength?
How to introduce myStrength to public/staff at large (1.0 hours)
Wrap-up (0.5 hours)
Continuing Education Information
BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIOR ANALYST: 2 continuing education credits are approved for this training.
SOCIAL WORKERS: 2 continuing education credits are approved for this training.
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS: 2 continuing education credits are approved for this event.
QUALIFIED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS (QMHP): These event hours meet the MDCH training requirement for QMHP, CMHP, QBHP staff.
TRAINING HOURS: This event will count toward the annual training hours required by most provider agencies.